Current Job Openings:
- Researcher (Fall '18 to January '19 start date)
The Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC) is a Boston-area 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to making New England a recognized global hub for cyber security. We focus on building, enriching, and maturing the region’s cyber security community by bringing together industry, university, and government organizations to address the most advanced cyber threats. Our programming emphasizes the importance of sharing cyber threat information, engaging in next-generation cyber security research and development, creating education programs that will address the shortfall in cyber talent, and advancing public policies that will enhance security.
The ACSC is not your typical company. With a small team led by our Executive Director, ACSC team members work closely together to support the needs of ACSC members and the cyber security community-at-large. Our team works with executives at local top-tier organizations to help address some of the most sensitive challenges that the organizations face. Our work environment is fun but driven, relying on the initiative and motivation of each team member to succeed.
Please send your resume or any questions regarding to email@example.com.
The Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the ACSC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employement, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The ACSC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ACSC's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Current Job Listings
Cybersecurity Market ResearchER
As a cyber security market research assistant, you will work closely with the ACSC Executive Director to execute our ambitious research agenda. In this role, you will interact directly with ACSC members to collect information about cyber security tools and techniques, process data to better understand what does and does not work well when defending against cyber attacks, and develop frameworks to help cyber protectors and defenders make informed decisions. You will help host events that promote stronger collaboration between organizations, study the underlying elements for building a stronger cyber workforce, and evaluate security technology features.
We anticipate that expertise in the following areas is necessary to succeed in this role:
- Deriving discrete data requirements from broadly defined cyber security problem areas.
- Hunting, gathering, and assessing cyber security information from public sources to collect data for analysis.
- Writing scripts to automate collection and pre-processing of public source data.
- Developing surveys for gathering information from decision-makers on key issues that relate to the defined cyber security problem areas.
- Conducting outreach to gather survey responses from appropriate cyber security and technology representatives.
- Analyzing data against the defined problem areas and develop results.
- Developing charts, graphs, and other visualizations to convey results.
- Writing reports to comprehensively communicate results.
- Translating observations to findings.
- Creatively exploring new problem spaces.
Desired qualifications include:
- Demonstrated interest in Cyber Security, Information Security, Security Technology, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Science
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced familiarity with data analysis applications including spreadsheets (Excel, Sheets, Numbers), data visualization tools, and open source research methods
- Experience with computer programming or scripting languages
- Technical report writing
- Ability to self-define tasks and work independently
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
- Refined written and verbal communications
- US citizen or permanent resident
- Experience with data mining, business intelligence, and database design a plus